Don't forget to enter the giveaway before Sunday night!! You wouldn't want to miss out on your chance to win an item from my Etsy store OR the Starbucks gift card...
My life is a series of waking hours and napping hours these days... so I don't have much to string together in the way of a good blog post about a relevant topic of interest... I will do my best to get better about that in the coming week. In the meantime though, I'm just going to give you a numbered list of things going on or that are on my mind.
1) I go back to work in 10 days - and I'm sad about it. If I were going back somewhere else - I might be having some mixed feelings, but that isn't the case... so I find myself watching the hours tick away. To say that I'm not looking forward to going back into the toxic environment that I left back in April would be an understatement! On top of that - it sounds like there have been more staffing changes there - the VP that they hired at the end of February has already left... hmmmm... wonder what the story might be there?!
2) In addition to worrying about going back to work, I'm sad that someone else will be spending 10 hours a day with James. Our sitter, Amanda, is a WONDERFUL lady and I'm very grateful for her being able to watch him... but it's sad that the majority of his waking hours will be spent away from both of his parents. I guess it's just something we'll adjust to... and at least I know he'll be in good hands.
3) My maternity wardrobe for work was ordered last night - so I should have plenty of clothes coming in next week... which is good because I can't wear the one pair of maternity jeans to work... so it was going to be a problem! I'll have lots of cute options... and they should be comfy too which is a bonus!
4) Pregnancy brain is in full force for me... literally last week, John was getting ready to leave for work one morning and couldn't find the keys to his truck. Eventually we found them - in the front door... which is where I left them the afternoon before! We got a good laugh about it, but someone could have stolen his truck or just come on in the house... which the alarm would have scared them, but what a bimbo!
5) I'm cracking up over the pile of clothes sitting on my couch for James... he is SET for 3-6 month clothes... he might not even need to wear anything twice... and the insane thing is that I have a whole other set of bags from another shower to bring down and add to the pile! He certainly will be cute... I sort of hope that his weight gain will level off a tiny bit during that time and maybe we'll get some extra use out of those clothes. His pile of 6-9 month clothes is not as impressive... but it is there.
6) We went last week for another check up on the pregnancy... and did in fact get the opportunity to see the baby on a ultrasound... and can I just say OUCH?! Geez... they sure do make ultrasounds look painless on television, but they dug in there like I had nothing in there providing resistance! Anyway, the baby was feeling modest that day - and had their legs closed... so we don't know the gender. The doctor said that there might be something there indicating that it might be a boy - but the chord was in the way and she didn't want to guess. So our next opportunity to find out the gender will be at our anatomy scan on June 15th.
7) A friend of mine has a theory that babies don't like pregnant women - that the hormones cause them to be fussy... have any of you had any experience with this? I'm just curious if this might be why it is so much quicker for James to be comforted by John (or almost anyone) than by me.
That's about all I've got today - I'm so sleepy and need to go fix dinner before heading off to bed. I hope that in a couple of weeks - I can at least get some regular posts going again during my lunch hour.
One of my friends is 6 1/2 months pregnant, and her little niece who will be 2 in a few months can't stand her right now.. she used to cry for her, and now she cries whenever my friend is around.. so yes, I think they sense it.. jealousy maybe for the 2 year old.. I can't imagine it would be that way for an infant, but you never know! Humans are strange creatures! :)ReplyDelete
I once heard an old wives tale that if when pregnant you hold a baby and it cries, then your baby is the same gender.ReplyDelete
But just an old wives tale....
How in the world did I miss your new name/design. It looks great. I saw you pop up on google reader and thought who is that. Sounds like all is well. Just remember the dishes will still be there in the morning. Enjoy James before you go back to work.ReplyDelete
Aw, darlin', I know it's tough having to go back to work, but just think how excited you'll be to get home and see you son and husband and how much more you'll appreciate the time with them!ReplyDelete
I may be somewhat selfish in saying this, but I'm kinda looking forward to you going back to work because I desperately miss our chats! :)
Love you lots, mama. You hang in there!
YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!
Wow, I'm pregnant and also have a 16 month old and I'm exhausted every day. I can't even imagine having a tiny baby and being pregnant. You must be well beyond exhausted! I've never heard that babies don't like pregnant women... I'm sure it's just an old wives tale.ReplyDelete
I love your new name and look. It looks great. I'm sorry to hear you have to go back to work and I can't even imagine how tired you are with the pregnancy and an infant! It is crazy how things work out. ;) Glad to hear all is well with the baby and baby-to-be, except for the not liking you part. :) Maybe he's just a daddy's boy already?ReplyDelete