- The year started with me meeting and getting to know someone that will be considered one of my best friends for the rest of my life, Sarah. She and her husband Robby have become our favorite friends to hang out with - and their beautiful daughter, Abby has been a joy to watch growing and changing through her first year of life.
- Early in the spring - I made a huge decision for my life... I decided to start the process toward having weight loss surgery and began researching doctors. We then went to a seminar and learned lots more information about the different proceedures and decided on gastric-bypass because of it's great benefits for diabetics.
- In May, John and I put down the earnest money for building our first home. It was a huge decision, but such a great one...
- We moved into the house in August, and have loved every minute since. What a wonderful thing for a couple - to have their own home to grow a family in... with the surgery - we plan on doing just that.
- September brought the birth of our youngest neice, Brooklyn. She's such a cutie, and we are thrilled to be able to watch her grow throughout her life.
- In October, we found out that all the work for our insurance approval for the surgeries was for nothing - we had an exclusion in our policy that we weren't informed of until we'd already gone through the supervised diets and other hoops for approval. A low point... but in one of the most loving gestures - an angel loaned me the money to push forward with the surgery for my health. (I will forever be grateful to them for the money - and could never put into words the gratitude that John and I both feel.)
- I had my surgery on November 15th, and it already has changed my life in ways unimaginable. The rest of the year has been recovery and learning a new lifestyle that will allow us to become closer to that family in 2008.
Those are just the highlights of this past year, but I can't wait to see what is in store for me in 2008... it sure has great promise of being the first year of my healthy new life... and hopefully just the begining of many happy years in the future.
I've got to do some thinking about my resolutions tonight - because I have some, but want to make sure that I word them in a way that is meaningful. I don't want to just say to lose weight - because there is much more to it than that.
Happy New Year everyone!! May your 2008 be a good one!
Your year sounds so much like mine... new house, decision for surgery, insurance fiascos! Here's to a 2008 full of continued health improvements!ReplyDelete
My year was so uneventful that I enjoyed reading yours! So glad you are still doing so well!!ReplyDelete