Sunday, February 22, 2009

Come and Gone

I just don't understand how it is that a weekend can go by so darn quickly.... it has been a great one though.

I spent yesterday running errands (return clothes, Target, and of course the weekly Wal-Mart run for groceries) and getting some things ready for John's anniversary/surgery gift... and a few other things during the day while John went fishing with his Dad, Aunt Mary, and Uncle Dickie.

We exchanged gifts for our anniversary over the weekend, and John got me a digital photo frame - which I've been wanting for a while. I didn't really get him much in terms of high end stuff - but I got him some practical stuff for surgery recovery, a hand held game, and some art...

I also made him a surgery scrapbook too - it's a little different than mine, but he really liked it. I'm not quite done with it yet, but I've made it where we can enter his picture each month, along with the stats on where he is for that month... so it's a little more organized than mine. I got to use some of my new scrapping supplies - so it was a win/win all the way around.

Today we went to church, went to see a house with Renee & K, had lunch... then when we got home - I read the Bible in an attempt to catch up at some point with my reading... worked out, cooked dinner, took a bath, and now I'm watching Major League with John. Not my favorite movie - but whatever - I'm basically brain dead at this point anyway.

My workout today was great - I stepped it up to workout 7 on the iFit card, and it bumped to a 30 minute workout... and it nearly kicked my butt completely. It started off doing the normal routine stuff (incline of 6, speed of 3.4-3.5) for about the first 10 minutes... then it went to a 4 minute interval with an incline of 10, speed between 3.2-3.3 - the remaining 16 minutes was at an incline of 7 with a speed of between 3.3-3.4... and had Jillian been in the room - I might have actually cried.

I still hold on to the handles of the treadmill - and I know she'd totally bust me on that, but until I can keep up with the workout while not holding on... I'm going to keep doing it. I think the more I push myself - the more I'll be able to do without holding on... but I'm also not willing to hurt myself in the process... trust me - that's the fastest way for me to give up. So as long as I'm doing it consistently and feel good about it - I'm going to remain happy with it. I still sweat like crazy, get out of breath, and can feel my lungs clearing out - so I'd consider that still doing some good things for my body.

It won't be long now before I go meet the sandman for the night, but it's been a productive weekend all the way around. Not super relaxing, but we can't have it all. Maybe next week, I'll get in a little more relaxing. John will be going fishing again next Saturday - and Renee's husband might go with him... so it might be a girls weekend... maybe a chick flick marathon on the new couches or something is in order? Who knows! (It sounds dreamy though!)

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure that weekend hours are shorter than weekday hours, kind-of like how a football minute can take 5 or more minutes.

    I can't prove it though.


Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!