It's crazy right? I mean 1 year ago - I woke up with no children... and went to bed with 1 in the hospital... and one that I didn't know about yet in my tummy.
We're having James a big Farm themed birthday party on Saturday - and I will be back with photos of that... and this morning we're off to get his 1st birthday pictures done and Tyler's 6 month pictures done. Crazy... time is moving so fast!
In honor of James' birthday... I thought I'd give you a little photo history of my little dude's first year.
The first moment we saw him... about 30 minutes or so after being born.
Going home - 2 days old.
11 months - Oh, that face... gets me every time!
12 months... sampling a pancake
This little man is such a sweetie - we've been through the single best year of our lives, and it's only getting better and better.
At this stage:
- He is crawling
- Standing with help
- Claps when you say "YAY"
- Smiles more than ever
- Says "DaDa", "MaMa" (though only when upset), "BaBa", and "Bubba"
- Knows his name... and will turn around to look when you say it
- Enjoys jumping in his jumper, his walker, and on his parents
- Seems to have some musical rhythm... he'll sort of wiggle to the beat of music... which is cute!
- Is a squealer... we've called him a baby pterodactyl
- Has winked at us... though it was a 1 weekend trick
- Loves playing with electronic cords (oiy)
- Loves cars
- Loves Baby Einstein
- Does not like for his videos to be on a shelf... he'll immediately knock them down
- Is sampling adult foods - so far pancakes are by far his favorite choice!
- Will snuggle on occasion
- Has 8 baby teeth - 4 top and 4 bottom
- Sleeps from 7PM - until about 7:30 AM if we don't have to wake him up
- Melts his parents' heart when he gives us one of those big smiles... which now typically happens with his eyes closed. :-)