This is cheating a bit, but these questions did make me think of all the things that have happened within the last year... so it did its job better than most of these I've done.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
So many things... I lost quite a bit of weight, went to Knoxville with the girls, and danced in front of a group of people... granted it was playing a game, but seriously - I would never have done this before losing 90 pounds!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did keep the one to lose weight - granted - I didn't lose as much as I had wished for, but I'm happy with what I did manage to lose. If I can just keep moving forward and get healthier everyday... I'm perfectly happy with that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not in my immediate family, but a friend or two did... and the babies are SUPER cute!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None outside of the US this year
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A child... that is my one big wish for 2009. Even just to be pregnant this year would be the fulfillment of a lifelong dream.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 1, 2008 - the day I was laid off from the most horrible job I've ever had. It was scary at first trying to figure out how it would effect us financially, but the 4 months off really were a blessing!
June 15, 2008 - the day I was baptized... on Father's Day with all the important men in my life in attendance.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Well, I'd have to say losing 90 pounds... which I kick started in 2007 - but I'm still counting it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think the word failure stinks... but my only disappointment was that I didn't lose a little more weight - but then again - I'm trying to focus on the positive - 90 pounds is still a good achievement.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had to get my gallbladder removed, but it was relatively easy...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'd have to say the Wii - and technically, I didn't buy it - John gave it to me for my birthday, but it was the best thing that the Hawkins' bought... it's given us a lot of laughs.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm not sure on this one... I think we've all had our moments of glory, and some that we're not as proud of.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'll refer to the answer to the last question... I don't think that anyone is perfect - so there have been ups and downs for us all.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I guess bills... where does MOST of anyone's money go?!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The 4 months that I had off to take care of John this summer... well take care of both of us. It was a wonderful gift, and I loved every minute of it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I'm really not sure about this one... I don't associate music with many memories...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier for sure - I'm amazed at the difference in my level of joy.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner - another thing that brings me lots of joy.
c) richer or poorer? I'm about the same... with my new job - our monthly bottom line went up a bit - but that meant that we are now able to tithe appropriately.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxed and Exercised... which I think if I push through and learn to enjoy exercise - both of these will come hand in hand.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressed about the things that don't really matter.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with John... it was really lovely and peaceful.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I don't know if this counts, but I'm learning to love myself more...
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't really know what I'd say is my absolute favorite... there are several shows that I enjoy... I'd guess that it'd be a toss up between "One Tree Hill" - "Grey's Anatomy" - "Private Practice" - and "Bones"
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone. (Who writes this stuff?!)
24. What was the best book you read?
I'm not sure - I've read several books this year, but I'd guess that The Women's Murder club books were my top choices - and I think I read them in 2008.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My musical interest is pretty limited... so unless the Worship Team at Cypress Family Fellowship counts... I live in a world of 70's and 80's country music... with a little 80's and 90's pop mixed in when I'm feeling spunky. (Sad, I know)
26. What did you want and get?
The Wii - best gift EVER! (Well, besides the cleaning lady)
27. What did you want and not get?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not sure - judging by the movies I've seen recently - and remember that I don't see them until they come out on DVD... The Dark Knight
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a big party to celebrate my 30th.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Goodness, I think that losing more weight would have made me more satisfied, but I'm not going to dwell on it...because just like with money - I don't think that it's ever enough... unless you've reached your goal.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Trying to wear things that fit when I can.
32. What kept you sane?
Faith, family and friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
What do you mean by fancy? The only public figure that I got really excited about was Sarah Palin...and I think that her time to shine is still coming...
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Election - wouldn't that be for everyone this year? No matter what side of the fence you sit on... we all cared and that is the most important part of a democracy.
35. Who did you miss?
Anyone that I love and can't see all the time...
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I've met so many new people... and I'd have to say that my new church friends top the list... my closest new buddy, Renee, tops the list. Also my new bloggy friends, all of whom have been with me through all the ups and downs of the year - I am such a lucky person!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
There are so many... but all wonderful lessons.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I haven't a clue... this goes back to my lack of interest in music... sorry guys!
I'd love to see what the rest of you have to say... let me know if you use this on your blog.
I may have to swipe this for tomorrow! Great survey and it will be great to look back on in a few years!ReplyDelete
Congrats on the surgery and your weight loss! 90 pounds is a GREAT accomplishment! My friend Celina did it & no doubt, it's been a tough road, but she's lost almost half her starting weight!ReplyDelete
Keep on goin', you'll do fantastic!!