Here we are again with the Five Word Friday... and the topic this week, Summer! Funny - because I could describe the season... or my WONDERFUL blog friend... but I think the intention here is the season.
So Five Words about Summer:
- Water - there is nothing that says summer like being out in our boat. Of course with my skin and it's ability to BURN like no body's business... it also means that I'm usually under the covered portion of the boat.
- Heat - where we live, BELIEVE me when I tell you heat and humidity are words synonymous with summer. From about March through November the heat can be unbearable - but I've found that since my surgery... the heat isn't quite as bad.
- Hurricane - oh yeah, that is summertime on the Gulf Coast... the season runs from June 1 until November 30th. Last year we experienced Hurrican Ike in a major way, so we will all be taking a bit more precaution in terms of buying supplies to have on hand. I made the mistake of going the day before the storm for supplies - and had our power been out longer... seriously we would have been eating cold spaghetti o's and peanut butter. And I am not kidding when I tell you that you couldn't find beer or wine ANYWHERE in the city - which isn't a problem for me... but I just found that as odd. I mean - a major hurricane is coming - and you're going to get drunk? (I know - Meggs - you take hurricane parties seriously! HA!)
- Ice Cream - how else do you beat the heat? Homemade strawberry ice cream is the best... and I dearly love making it with my husband. We only do it about once a year, but it is always a welcomed treat. I wonder if Memorial Day weekend sounds like a good time to do it? Maybe we'll wait until 4th of July - since we still have a HUGE ice cream cake from my birthday in the freezer.
- Reading - this is the time of year that I get the majority of my reading done. Since there aren't any new television programs during the summer months - I expand my mind with some fun murder mysteries.
What 5 words make you think of summertime? Be sure to link back to Jenn's post with your responses.