Friday, July 31, 2009

Hanging In

I thought that I'd have time to blog yesterday, but it just didn't happen. We're waiting on a delayed flight right now from Ohio - or I wouldn't even have time right now to write either.

My Dad is flying in today with my stepmother, little brother (6), little sister, (5), and 3 nieces (6, 11, and 13)... so we're meeting them at the airport to pick up some of the kids so that they could just get a regular sized rental car instead of a van.

They were supposed to be landing in about 30 minutes, but ended up being delayed 2 hours... so it gave us plenty of time to get to the grocery store this morning as well as get the yard done for the week.

This is going to be a crazy busy weekend - so it's good to know that at least on Sunday after church we can sit back and relax... probably spend some time napping too!

Once we get to the airport - we'll drive to Brenham (1 hour from our house) to my sister's house... where we'll be going out for Mexican food tonight - because my Dad simply must have his Tex-Mex fix when he comes home. HA! We'll drive back when the kids go to bed... so that's roughly 2 hours driving today.

Tomorrow we'll head back to my sisters in the morning... then around lunchtime we'll drive another hour to my in law's house for our niece's birthday party. We'll hang out at the party, have some cake, take some pictures... then head back to my sisters again for dinner. Back home when the kids go to bed... so that will be about 4 hours driving on Saturday...

I'm sure we'll have LOTS of pictures to share at the end of the next day and a half... and that might be the one thing I still have the energy to do at the end of it all. We're excited though because we haven't seen my siblings/Dad in a while - and it's always fun when we all gather in Brenham just to hang out.

I'm hanging in there so far with these medicines - I can't tell if they're working or not, but I really didn't expect that I would be able to at least for a week or so. I am breaking the pill into four pieces so that I can make sure that I get maximum absorption of the medication - because if I'm going to spend the time and money on this treatment for the chronic fatigue - I want to make sure that I do the most I can to make it effective. I'm hopeful that it will start to work enough so that there is a marked change in my energy level in the next week or so - it would be nice to be able to get some workouts in... and to get back to a more active life - like I was enjoying right after my weight loss surgery... although - I don't think I ever truly felt the increase in energy that John has felt - or my other cut & paste girls have felt... which is sad, but maybe that is coming soon!

I'm going to ask you to pray for us several times over the next few days - but please begin praying for our appointment on Monday. We need God's wisdom and guidance so that we will have the knowledge and confidence to choose a treatment plan with the doctor... you know that money doesn't grow on trees, and it makes choosing a treatment plan a little more stressful because there are no guarantees with any of this.

For now, we'll be working on deciding if it would be better to put all of our eggs in the IUI basket - we could potentially afford to go through two cycles of that if needed.... OR if it would be better to hold off for a little bit and do one IVF cycle. It's very scary for me - and puts a bit of pressure on these treatments to work... so I pray for wisdom and peace to decide on a treatment plan and to know that it will work for us.

You could pray that we win the lottery - but since we don't play... that might not be a viable option.


  1. Praying for you much!! Hope you enjoy your visit with the fam. :)

  2. It sounds like a great weekend. Is your Dad going to get to stay awhile or are they going back really quickly? Although family visits usually seem to short so I suppose it is all relative (no pun intended).

    Enjoy your family.


Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!