Today's topic is Animated Movies! I've got a list of the top 5 movies my boys would choose and the top 5 from when I was little.
MY BOYS' LIST
1) The Jungle Book -- they LIVE for this movie. They've memorized every word, and love to mimic the elephant marches. If you ask them if they'd like to watch a movie -- 90% of the time this is the first one they would choose.
2) A Bug's Life - Tyler has gotten to where he likes this one a lot too, but I have to sit down and watch it with him because the grasshoppers scare him a bit. It's all good though -- I'd sit and watch a movie with them anytime.
3) Dumbo - they like this one too, but I'll be honest -- they haven't really been exposed to too many movies. They are just getting to the point where they'll watch anything longer than a 30 minute type show... so we're slowly dipping into the Disney waters.
4) Frozen - Who doesn't love Frozen -- it's one of John's any my favorites too. It's just a cute movie. They like Olaf and Sven. Tyler does not like Marshmallow, but the rest of it he enjoys. He cracks up when Hans falls into the water.
5) Finding Nemo - this one is fairly new to them - Tyler has started really liking sharks, so I showed it to him. He enjoyed all of the sea life, but hasn't asked to see it again -- so I'm waiting to see when he chooses to take another look at it.
1) The Aristocats - this was one of the best movies for me as a child. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember that Marie was one of my favorite characters. The jazz band was always entertaining too.
2) Cinderella - Who didn't grow up with this being one of the best movies of all time... I still love it to this day. Gus Gus is my favorite animal character from my childhood. So cute and so funny.
3) It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - this is a Halloween classic! I watched it every year, and still do. Even in the years before I had the boys -- I just have loved it for a looooong time. I can't wait for it to come on television - even though I have it on DVD... I watch the airing on television every year.
4) The Lion King -- this one came out while I was in high school, but I clearly remember it taking over. I was like in 10th grade and got TONS of Lion King stuff for Christmas that year -- I loved it too!
5) Oliver & Company - I think this came out during my junior high years, and I thought it was super cute. I loved the spunk of the characters, and the chihuahua was hysterically funny. "If this is torture, chain me to the wall..." HAHAHAHA! Greatness!
Those are my favorites -- what are yours? Join in with us -- I'd love to know what your favorites are and what I've missed. We're just getting started with animated movies -- so lay it on me!
Here is the list of the upcoming topics for future Friday Favorites, we'd love to have you join us!
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!