This week was really not too exciting for us in terms of getting out. Tyler has been recovering from a monster diaper rash - so we stuck close to home for the most part and just played... and tried to rest. I'm not sure why it is, but my kids are just not on a "normal" nap schedule for their age... so our lives are still a bit off from the rest of the world of toddlers.
Chronos moments: (real time)
- Tyler having a horrible diaper rash and literally spending a whole day unable to walk
- The helpless feeling you have when your baby is in pain and there isn't anything you can do to instantly fix it
- The boys have started fighting over toys this week (good times)
- Food being thrown all over the floor
- Not making it to Bible study because of the diaper rash mentioned before
- Finding out that every other study week - there is extended time on the childcare so the Moms can go enjoy lunch together... knowing that there is ZERO chance of the boys being able to deal with that.
- Wishing that the boys didn't nap at 10AM... and did afternoon naps like most of the other kids their age.
- Losing my cool more that once with the boys during the week
Kairos moments: (God's time)
- Being able to comfort Tyler while he was hurting
- Snuggling with both of the boys one-on-one at least once during the week
- Watching my little men run into MDO and not look back - knowing that they enjoy it
- Picking up those boys from MDO and seeing how excited they are to have me come back
- Watching the boys light up at a commercial for a learning program we are planning to get them for James' birthday
- Just trying to be grateful that the boys get a decent nap - no matter what time it is.
- Knowing that even though I lose my cool with the boys - they are forgiving and are open to my apologies
I'd love to hear some of your moments from this week...